Corporate announcements are like gravy. If you get them in time, you can make a quick buck before others can even realize what’s going on.
Companies announce news which is published on the NSE and BSE sites in real time. However, sifting through can be a pain.
Now here is one tried and trusted method which I use. Before using it, remember that a stock may or may not move up or down based on the announcement. Other factors such as the market trends, company internals and technical/fundamental factors also play a part. I’ll leave that for you to judge and stock to how you can get the news on your desktop:
1. Sign up at THE OLD READER.
2. After signing up, click on the “ADD A SUBSCRIPTION” button on the top left.
3. In the drop down, enter this URL: https://www.nseindia.com/global/content/rssFeed.htm
4. When you click OK, your screen will look something like this:
5. Choose your subscriptions. I recommend Nos 1, 2, 3 and 5 from the figure above. All you have to do is click the Subscribe button on the left of the description.
6. That’s it. All you have to do now is keep refreshing each feed and you will get the news as soon as it gets published on the exchange sites. You also will get information about the minutes that have passed before the announcement was published. If you keep refreshing every 4-5 minutes, you’ll stay on top of what’s happening in stocks that matter for the day.
7. Now bookmark THE OLD READER as a favorite and keep using it per your convenience.